This past New Year’s I made quite a few resolutions, and came up with a pretty ambitious 2009 to-do list. The first couple of months I did a little ‘how I was doing’ posting. However, either because the end of the month snuck up on me, or I didn’t have much to report, I haven’t done it since then. Since the year is now half over (Can you believe it?!), I thought it would be a good idea to catch up on how I’m doing on my list. More for my own motivation than anything. As always, you can check out the full list of resolutions here, I”ll just mention updates. Since this post needs some pretty pictures, I’ll throw in a few random ones.
2. I haven’t had a sip of caffeine since January 1, and I was a caffeine addict. I feel a lot better now, and have had no chest pain episodes since. Unless I have a relapse, this one is marked as done.
3. I had a design made for moo cards, but haven’t ordered them yet.
4. I had a nice etsy banner made. I do have some items planned to make for the shop but haven’t had the time yet.
5. This one is interesting. I wanted to get away from strictly quilting, and get back into some of the other crafty things I used to do. I did a little bit of this, but found that I really didn’t have much of an interest for them, and went back to quilting. I know my interests kind of come and go in phases, so I’m not going to push this. I’ll go to other things when it feels right.
6. I learned to crochet. It was fun for a while. I bought a bunch of yarn and had big plans for a crocheted hexagon blanket. Lost interest.
7. Well, I had big plans to make a few specific quilts. I haven’t done any of those, BUT I’ve finished several WIP’s from last year, And I’m in the process of making several quilts via swaps that I never thought I’d do, and are so much fun!
9. Have the design drawn out. Have some of the pieces cut. Next step is to get busy drawing some applique patterns. I’ve never done this before, so it’s holding me up a little bit.
10. I relaxed a little bit a couple of days here and there, so I’ll consider this one done and marked off the list. 🙂