So I did actually set a lot of goals this year, written out on the fridge.
- Complete 1 Bible study
- Do 12 Bible journaling entries
- Complete a 5K
- Complete a mini triathalon
- Complete an obstacle 5k
- Finish 1 WIP quilt
- Finish 1 WIP cross stitch
- Make 100 hexagons for Grandmother’s Flower Garden
- Go on 5 outside-the-house dates with my husband
- Have 1 date-night-in each month
- Get our retirement plan situated (yawn)
- Have $x in savings by years end
- Go on 4 family day trips
- Go on 1 overnight family trip
- Take each kid out individually each month
I’m not going to make any resolutions this year. I did so poorly last year. I do want to spend as much time with Avery as possible. I want to be really frugal with money so that I can postpone going back to work as long as possible. And I want to just try to take things as slow as possible to really enjoy every moment of her growing up. Time is already flying as I see her getting bigger right in front of me. I want to make sure I keep my priorities in line this year and really focus on the important stuff.
1. I want to read the Bible through this year. I’ve never done it before, and this year our entire church is doing it together. Everyone’s supposed to read the ‘One Year Chronological Bible’, and the pastor will preach on that weeks’ reading. It sounds like it’ll be really neat, so I resolve to keep up and not get lazy about my attendance. Care to join me? I failed at this one. I kept up through the summer than got terribly behind and never caught up. I actually failed all my resolutions this year.
I’m not even going to resolve anything about losing weight. It’s not even worth it, I never keep it My weight definitely fluctuated this year. However, I will say that I’m happier with my post-baby body then I’ve ever been with my body before.
3. I really want to get some WIP’s finished this year. It’s going to be the YOF! (Year of Finishes) All the WIP’s and UFO’s will get done this YOF. I had said that I wanted to get 7 unfinished projects done this year BEFORE I get any fabric towards any new projects, or plan anything new. I said that I could still get fabric/supplies for anything on my ‘projects’ list (see tab at top of page), whether it was started or just planned, but it had to be on the list to count. I then promptly added several planned projects to the list, so they’d technically count. I’m good at finding all the loopholes in the rules I create for myself. I can justify just about anything. It’s a gift, really. 🙂 I failed miserably at this. I didn’t finish a single project this year. I did start and complete a baby quilt. I did buy a bit of fabric, but not too much. So I guess that balances out the NO FINISHES this year.
I realize that it’s 2010, but I don’t think I made any resolutions this year. I’m keeping my 2009 ones up so I can look back and remember…
This is where I’m going to try to keep an abbreviated version of my New Year’s Resolutions list. For the full descriptions, see the post here. And I’ll add relevant updates as the year progresses. Maybe this will actually help me keep my resolutions this year 🙂
1. I resolve to start working out and eating better. I’m not going to set a certain number of times a week or anything, but just in general, work out and eat healthy, and if I can lose 15-20 pounds while doing it, that’s even better. There was a week or 2 I was really good with this.
2. No more caffeine. DONE
3. I’d like to make SummerSadie a little more professional this year. I’d like to develop a nice logo, and I’d like to get some business or moo cards, and some sort of other business paraphernalia to include in products, like stickers, inserts, or something. EH, not really done
I’m going to list some items on etsy this year, and my goal is to sell at least 1 thing (gotta start somewhere, right?). Ideally I’d like to list one new product each month, but it may end up being every 2 or 3 months. I sold a custom quilt in 2010. DONE
5. The last couple of years I’ve really spent all my time quilting. But I have a ton of loves and interests, so in 2009 I’d like to have a little more variety. I want to get back into cross-stitching, scrapbooking, and putting together puzzles. So just be less one-track, and be more well-rounded in my crafty endeavors. DONE
6. Learn to crochet. DONE
7. This year, I want to focus on some more traditional/antique quilting patterns. I’d like to do a lonestar, tumbling blocks, grandmother’s flower garden, and depression square. I’d also like to do a color wheel quilt, and finish up all the incomplete quilting projects from this year and years past. HALF DONE, I finished all old WIP’s, but didn’t make any of these quilts this year.
8. I want to go to New York City and see the Phantom of the Opera on Broadway, especially at Christmas. DONE
9. I want to design my own quilt. HALF DONE; the quilt is designed, but not made
10. And one last one to round out a top 10. I want to take time out to breathe, slow down and enjoy life more, and always count my blessings and be thankful for the little things in life that often get overlooked. DONE